3 Surprising Risk Factors of Erectile Dysfunction
According to the National Institute of Health,
erectile dysfunction is also a symptom that accompanies many disorders and diseases.
While age appears to be a strong indirect risk factor in that it is associated with increased likelihood of direct risk factors, some of which are listed below.
Accurate risk factor identification and characterization are essential for prevention or treatment of erectile dysfunction.
Direct risk factors for erectile dysfunction (ED) may include the following:
• Prostate problems
• Type 2 diabetes
• Hypogonadism in association with a number of endocrinologic conditions
• Hypertension (high blood pressure)
• Vascular disease and vascular surgery
• High levels of blood cholesterol
• Low levels of HDL (high-density lipoprotein)
• Chronic sleep disorders (obstructive sleep apnea, insomnia)
• Neurogenic disorders
• Peyronie’s disease (distortion or curvature of the penis)
• Priapism (inflammation of the penis)
• Alcohol use
• Lack of sexual knowledge
• Poor sexual techniques
• Inadequate interpersonal relationships
• Many chronic diseases, especially renal failure and dialysis
• Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
However, there are 3 Surprising risk factors of ED. These are
Too many hours in the saddle puts pressure on arteries and nerves that provide blood flow and sensation to where you want it most. The effects are usually temporary, but if you’re experiencing symptoms of ED, consider switching up your exercise routine.
In case anyone needs another reason to quit, smoking is a major cause of ED in men of all ages. The toxic chemicals in the smoke damage blood vessels and restrict blood flow, making it difficult to…rise to the occassion. Smoking exacerbates the effects of other risk factors, such as vascular disease or hypertension
When you’re depressed, it’s hard to find pleasure in anything, let alone sex. Depression can also impact the nervous system making it hard to get or keep an erection. If you experience symptoms of depression, talk to a medical professional to see if treatment is right for you.
Help is here
Millions of men struggle with ED. If you’re one of them, talk to a medical professional to find out if treatment is right for you. Manly, a Product of HubCare health offers private, personalized and on-going care for Erectile Dysfunction (ED) and other men’s health issues that leads to erectile dysfunction like Depression, anxiety or chronic diseases..