Health is wealth. We all know this. However, health is more than wealth. It is the foundation of a good life. Below are 10 tips that will help you to enjoy optimum health and wellbeing.
- Periodic Health Screening: Make it a duty to regularly check your blood pressure, blood sugar level, body mass index (your weight in proportion to your health) and scheduled laboratory tests regularly to know your health status.
- Proper Diet: Eat well, eat right. You are what you eat. Your diet contribute so much to the state of your health. Eat food rich in protein, vitamins, minerals, and fibre but stay away from high starchy foods and unsaturated vegetable oil. Always make sure you drink clean water and stay hydrated. Eating the right proportion of food at the right time filled with needed nutrients for your body will help you to stay healthy and avoid obesity.
- Proper Exercise: Live an active lifestyle and avoid staying at one place for a long time without any movement. Create time regularly to take a walk, swim or cycle. Physical activities give your energy, boost your immune systems, and help you to sleep better. It improves life expectancy and quality of life.
- Proper Weight: Manage your weight effectively. Over weight can lead to obesity, which can predispose people to high blood pressure, high cholesterol in the body, diabetes and other health conditions. Proper diet and exercise will help you stay fit and avoid obesity.
- Control of Alcohol Intake: Alcohol intake affects major organs of the body. Therefore, heavy drinking of alcohol can predispose your body to various health conditions including organ failure. Be disciplined, stay away from alcohol. And if you must consume alcohol, drink it responsibly.
- Break the Smoking Habit: Like the manufacturers warned, sm okers are liable to die young due to various damages smoking does to the body and mind. Stay away from smoking. And if you presently smoke, work hard to quit this habit.
- Sleep well: Make it a habit to have a restful sleep every night. Rest and sleep rejuvenate your body and mind. Having adequate 7 to 9 hours nightly sleep will help your body and mind function optimally. Don’t joke with your sleep.
- Manage stress: Take life easy and be proactive in regulating your emotions. Distress is not good for your optimum wellbeing and health. Create time to relax, have fun, and do what makes you happy. Surround yourself with positive influences, connect with your loved ones and stay happy.
- Befriend a Doctor: Make sure you have a good relationship with a doctor or a pharmacist that you can easily ask questions and receive professional advice from concerning your health and medicines.
- Positive thoughts: Always focus your thoughts on your blessings and good aspects of life. Count your blessings each and be grateful for them. Think positively about your future. Strive to have pleasant thoughts.
To your good health!
PS: For questions on your optimum well-being and good health talk to us using the WhatsApp Chat boss.
Your Wellness Expert,